DataQuest works closely with our clients to help make sure you have the employment screening information and tools you need to do your job and to help you meet legal requirements.
As a CRA, DataQuest is regulated by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), as well as state laws, rules and regulations with regards to obtaining and reporting information. You as an employer are also regulated by the FCRA, if you use CRAs such as DataQuest, for your employment screening.
DataQuest can also provide our clients with numerous forms, templates, and notices to help with compliance requirements. Many employers do not know or understand all of their obligations under the FCRA, but we can help with that.
The following is a partial list of forms/templates/notices:
- Applicant Disclosure and Authorizations forms
- FCRA Summary of Rights
- Notice to Users of Consumer Reports
- Pre-Adverse Action Letter template sample
- Adverse Action Letter template sample
- Notice to CA Applicants
- NY Correction Law Article 23-A
- Other applicable forms/notices
Other helpful resource links:
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- FTC’s and EEOC’s joint publication: Background Checks: What Employers Need to Know
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- EEOC’s Employment Guidance – Consideration of Arrest and Conviction Records in Employment Decisions Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM)